Wednesday, August 7, 2013

HVAC? check!

We have been busy this week building our upstairs porch.  We just got rained out this evening and I can tell you one thing....it isn't water tight!  Oh well, roof to come!

On the inside we had the HVAC guys come and install duct work and some sort of machine thingy.   I told them that I was going for a vintage cottage industrial vibe and if they could put the duct work up neatly, I wouldn't cover it up.

Challenge accepted.

Have a look.  




Here are the boxes that....
...the octopus legs came squished into.
I kind of liked the octopus leg look, but they didn't get to stay very long.

A few brick had to go and this guy was
very glad that it was only a few!


Shiny industrial look....yes.

It did get more finished than this, but no photo.



My kitchen light....a bit industrial, too.

When they were done, they wanted to know
right away if it was good enough to 
stay uncovered.

I vote yes!


Little by little a home is being made.



5 comments:

K said...

I like the industrial look, too, sometimes. I love it when big steps happen and things change and you get closer to finished. So many steps. But closer . . .

Tanna said...

I vote yes, too! And, I love your kitchen light fixture. Hope things continue to move along smoothly, Donna. Sending hugs your way... blessings ~ tanna

Donna said...

SO SO SO many steps, but ever closer. Porch floor is done today!

Tanna said...

I'll be sending you ENERGY for next week's assignment!!! xoxo ~ t.

W-S Wanderings said...

A mix of industrial and homey rustic is right up my alley. Warm industrial, I guess. Your kitchen light is PERFECT! Would it surprise you to know that I've been looking at similar ones? Sometime I must show you the lights above our kitchen table. They have a story. Well, not much of a story, but lights that have any story at all seems kinda intriguing. But probably not really. At all.